Lama Thubten Yeshe: The Peaceful Prison
Lama Zopa Rinpoche discusses the merely labeled I in this excerpt from a teaching given at Root Institute, Bodhgaya, in 2012.
Lama Zopa Rinpoche advises how to meditate on emptiness in daily life in this excerpted teaching.
In this teaching Lama Yeshe advises the importance of pratimoksha vows and responds to students' questions about the five lay vows.
Lama Zopa Rinpoche wrote this article at the request of Renuka Singh for her anthology, The Path of the Buddha, published in 2004.
Lama Zopa Rinpoche: How a Positive Label Creates the Cause for Happiness
Advice on how to create the cause of happiness and success in this life and future lives until enlightenment, by practicing compassion, the good heart.
- A Beneficial Life •
- Helping Others With a Good Heart •
- How to Combat Self-cherishing •
- Our Purpose is to Serve Others •
- Advice for a Happy Life •
In this collection of advice for those practicing in prison, Rinpoche explains how to use the situation in prison to develop the mind.
- Meditation in Prisons •
- Prison is an Opportunity to Practice •
- Son Passed Away •
- Using Time in Prison to Practice Dharma •
- Chenrezig Practice in Prison •
Advice on how to utilize obstacles on the path to enlightenment by practicing thought transformation.
- A Positive Way of Thinking •
- Thought Transformation •
- Practice Thought Transformation •
- Hardships •
- When Problems Interfere with Practice •
- Taking on Obstacles •
- Dealing With Sadness •
- Dealing with Depression •
- More Talks on this Topic: Transforming Problems •
- Utilizing Obstacles on the Path to Enlightenment •
- Experience Obstacles for All Sentient Beings •
- Remedy for Obstacles, Fear and Worry •
- How to Transform Obstacles •
- Rejoice in the Problems •
- The Experience Purifies Your Negative Karma •
- Experience the Sickness for All Sentient Beings •
- Experience the Difficulties with a Good Heart •
Lama Zopa Rinpoche gave this practice advice while he was circumambulating and reciting texts at the Mahabodhi Stupa, Bodhgaya.
Lama Zopa Rinpoche explains the benefits of practicing in Bodhgaya and advises specific practices to be done while on pilgrimage.
Lama Thubten Yeshe: Doing Two Things at Once
Volume 2 in our new ebook series includes teachings on a range of lamrim topics and excerpts from Lama's commentary on the deity yoga practice of Manjushri.
In this advice for children and teens, Rinpoche encourages the cultivation of loving kindness, the good heart, so that their lives are meaningful and beneficial for others.
- Giving Happiness to Others •
- Rejoicing in Practice •
- Gift for a Child •
- Advice for a Young Student •
- How Long to Live •
- Message for a Young Student •
- A Place for Children •
- Thanks for Devotion and Good Heart •
- Message to Maitreya School Children •
- The Cause of Real Happiness •
- Planting the Seeds of Enlightenment •
- The Happiest Life •
- Why the Sky is Blue •
Advice for center directors on how to resolve conflict with difficult students at the Dharma center by remembering their kindness and having an open heart, tolerance and compassion.
- Center Disharmony and Theft •
- Difficulties in Dharma Center •
- Problems at a Dharma Center •
- How to Bring Harmony to the Center •