In this video, Lama Zopa Rinpoche reminds us to practice contentment and to bring happiness to others instead of harming them.
This book is a compilation of Lama Zopa Rinpoche's advice to prison inmates over the years. This book is not just advice for prisoners. It is for all of us. Read excerpts and order a copy.
Lama Zopa Rinpoche: What is Bodhicitta?
In this video, Lama Zopa Rinpoche explains the benefits of offering to holy objects. Even a small offering to the Buddha creates the cause for ultimate happiness, due to the power of the object.
In this teaching Lama Zopa Rinpoche advises that rejoicing is a simple way to achieve enlightenment. Rinpoche says rejoicing is a genuine feeling of happiness and joy, appreciating one’s own qualities and those of others.
Advice on how to prepare oneself for death, which can happen at any time. Includes practices for students whose death is imminent.
- Premonition of Death •
- Death Can Happen Anytime •
- Rely on Amitabha •
- Death Can Happen at Any Time •
- Preparing for Death •
- Donating Organs •
- Dream of Death •
- Practices When Close to Death •
- Whether to Tell Family About Life Obstacles •
- Practices to Prepare for Death •
- Making a Will •
- More Talks on this Topic: Preparing for Death •
- Amitabha is Guiding You •
- Confession Before Passing Away •
- Imminent Death •
- Transference of Consciousness at Death Time •
- Rely on Guru Amitabha •
- Vajrayogini Visualization •
- Don’t Be Afraid of Death •
- Integrating the Five Powers •
Advice on the study and practice of lamrim, the path to enlightenment.
- Dedicate Oneself to the Lam-rim •
- A Letter to Students at Kopan •
- Reading Lam-rim Books •
- Lam-rim is the Main Thing •
- Focus on Lam-rim •
- Generating Faith •
- Lam-rim Realizations •
- Train in the Graduated Path •
- Practice Advice: Read Lam-rim •
- Practice Gone Dry •
- Benefits of the Lam-rim •
- Direction in Life •
- Advice on Lam-rim Study and Practice •
- Focus on Lamrim Practice •
- Lam-rim the Main Practice •
- Familiarity with the Dharma •
- Train the Mind in Lam-rim •
- Lam-rim Meditation •
- Attainment of Lam-rim Realizations •
- Which Lam-rim Text to Study •
- Stick With the Lam-rim •
- The Suffering of Samsara •
- Meditations on the Graduated Path •
- A Worthwhile Life •
- Renouncing Attachment to a Monk •
Advice on the amazing benefits of building a stupa and circumambulating a stupa, as well as instructions on how to fill a stupa and make it beautiful and inspiring.
- Building Stupas to Benefit Sick Dogs •
- How to Make the Stupa Beautiful and Inspiring •
- Circumambulation of Boudhanath Stupa •
- Liberating Animals and Circumambulating Stupas With Them •
- Filling a New Stupa •
- Building a Stupa to Liberate Sentient Beings •
- Benefits of Stupas •
- You Are Fortunate to Build Stupas •
- The Stupa Will Benefit Numberless Beings •
- The Power of the Holy Object •
- A Powerful Place of Healing •
- A Billion, Zillion Thanks for Circumambulations •
- How to Use a Stupa to Bring You to Enlightenment •
- Dedication for Tree Offered to Stupa •
- The Story of Swayambhunath Stupa •
Advice and methods for purifying past non-virtuous actions.
- How Vajrasattva Practice Purifies Negative Karma •
- Purifying Negative Karma •
- Mantras for Purifying Negativities •
- Practices for Purification •
- Tsa-tsas for Purification and Merit •
- Benefits of Vajrasattva Practice •
- Diamond Cutter Sutra and Prostrations •
- Purification Practices, Water Bowls and Tong-len •
- Purifying Sexual Misconduct •
- Stupa Tsa-tsas for Purification •
- Mitukpa and Prostrations •
- How to Purify Sexual Misconduct •
- More Talks on this Topic: Practices to Purify Negative Karma •
- Purifying the Karma of Killing Many Fish •
- Motivation for Vajrasattva Recitations •
Lama Zopa Rinpoche: Practice Rejoicing
A brief overview of the path to enlightenment, as taught and followed by most of the Tibetan schools of Buddhism. This outline was written by Nicholas Ribush as the Preface for the book Teachings from Tibet.
A commentary on Lama Tsongkhapa Guru Yoga practice, by Lama Zopa Rinpoche.
Volume 3 in this ebook series of collected teachings by Lama Yeshe features three discourses given at the Sixteenth Kopan Meditation Course in 1983. In these teachings Lama discusses many aspects of the path to enlightenment and gives practical advice for both new and old students.
Lama Thubten Yeshe: Bodhicitta is the Real Essential
Advice on how to deal with pain by experiencing it for all sentient beings.
- Creating the Karma to Stop Pain •
- Compassion and Tong-len •
- Severe Arthritis •
- Mantra Eliminating the Harsh Pain of the Three Grounds •
- Pain After Car Accident •
- Tong-len for Pain in Jaw •
- Rejoicing in Pain •
- Pinched Nerve •
- Taking on Others’ Pain •
- Severe Illness •
- Experience the Pain for Others •
- Experience the Pain for All Sentient Beings •
- Severe Pain •