Order Now! Read excerpts from our latest book here.
In this video extract, Lama Zopa Rinpoche advises how to relate the four immeasurable thoughts to our daily life, with a strong determination to make our life beneficial for others.
In this excerpt from the 50th Kopan Course, Lama Zopa Rinpoche discusses tonglen, the meditation practice of generating bodhicitta by taking on the suffering of others and giving them happiness.
In this video extract, Lama Zopa Rinpoche advises how to make charity to beggars by remembering the bodhicitta attitude and reflecting on emptiness, so that the action of giving becomes the cause of enlightenment.
Advice on the importance of compassion, the good heart.
- The Benefit of Pure Love and Joy •
- Great Compassion for Others •
- Great Compassion •
- The Good Heart is the Root of Happiness •
- Essential Advice •
- Why Compassion is Important •
- Results of Compassion •
- The Quick Path to Enlightenment •
- Compassion is the Basis of Achieving Enlightenment •
- The Advantages of Cherishing Others •
- The Quickest Way to Achieve Enlightenment •
Rinpoche discusses compassion, the good heart, in this teaching excerpt from the 36th Kopan Course.
Advice on the Mahayana practice of transforming our attitude from cherishing oneself to cherishing others who are most precious and kind.
- Experiencing Problems for Others •
- The Kindness of All Sentient Beings •
- My Feet Belong to Sentient Beings •
- How to Respond to Dishonesty •
- Offering Service to Others, Who Are Most Precious and Kind •
- Everything Comes from the Mind •
The Wheel of Sharp Weapons by Dharmarakshita, a ninth-century Indian scholar, combines teachings on lojong (mind training) with the lamrim, especially karma. This text is now freely available for download as a PDF file.
"The best Dharma practice, the most perfect, most substantial, is without doubt the practice of bodhicitta." – Lama Yeshe
In this teaching excerpt, Lama Zopa Rinpoche advises how to experience disease and other problems for all sentient beings.
This teaching about the importance of bodhicitta, the mind of enlightenment, was given by Lama Yeshe when he was bestowing bodhisattva vows at Chenrezig Institute, Australia, in 1979.
Advice on how to create the cause of happiness and success in this life and future lives until enlightenment, by practicing compassion, the good heart.
- A Beneficial Life •
- Helping Others With a Good Heart •
- How to Combat Self-cherishing •
- Our Purpose is to Serve Others •
- Advice for a Happy Life •
- Cherishing Others Is the Best Way to Love Yourself •
Advice on how to utilize obstacles on the path to enlightenment by practicing thought transformation.
- A Positive Way of Thinking •
- Thought Transformation •
- Practice Thought Transformation •
- Hardships •
- When Problems Interfere with Practice •
- Taking on Obstacles •
- Dealing With Sadness •
- Dealing with Depression •
- More Talks on this Topic: Transforming Problems •
- Utilizing Obstacles on the Path to Enlightenment •
- Experience Obstacles for All Sentient Beings •
- Remedy for Obstacles, Fear and Worry •
- How to Transform Obstacles •
- Rejoice in the Problems •
- The Experience Purifies Your Negative Karma •
- Experience the Sickness for All Sentient Beings •
- Experience the Difficulties with a Good Heart •
- When We Have Bad Experiences •
- Transforming Sickness •
Lama Yeshe discusses the four immeasurables and how to develop equanimity, excerpted from A Commentary on the Yoga Method of Divine Wisdom Manjushri.
Advice on bodhicitta, the altruistic mind of enlightenment.
- Practicing Patience •
- Generating Bodhicitta •
- You Have So Much to Rejoice About in This Life •
- Effortful Bodhicitta Motivation •
- Motivation is Most Important •
- Live Your Life With Bodhicitta •
- The Ultimate Good Heart •
- Living With Bodhicitta •
- Pray to Benefit Others •
- Ultimate Advice for Success •
- The Most Important Thing Is Bodhicitta •
- Motivation for Tara Prayer •
- What Makes Our Life Most Meaningful •
- When Others Harm Us •
- Living Your Life for Others •