Lamrim teachings by Lama Zopa Rinpoche at the 30th Kopan Course in Nepal.
Lamrim teachings and guided meditations from a one-month course in 1975.
In this excerpt from the 50th Kopan Course, Lama Zopa Rinpoche teaches that happiness and suffering arise from the mind, just as a shadow follows the body.
Lamrim teachings by Lama Zopa Rinpoche at the 50th Kopan Course in Nepal.
In this video extract, Lama Zopa Rinpoche explains that everything comes from karma, so we can create suffering or happiness, enlightenment or hell.
In this teaching, Lama Zopa Rinpoche advises that the realization of emptiness is the most important goal in our life, so that we can cease suffering and its cause, delusion and karma.
This book is a unique study program which provides a 365-day outline of the graduated path to enlightenment in a clear, practical format that is suitable for both individual and group practice.
We have now posted Lecture 12 of this series, in which Rinpoche discusses the power of mantras and holy objects, and explains the four aspects of karma.
A collection of anecdotes about the life of Lama Zopa Rinpoche, and how he works day and night, without stopping, for the benefit of all sentient beings.
Advice on karma, including how to create good karma and avoid nonvirtue.
- Accepting Karma •
- Many Obstacles Due to Karma •
- Karma of a Group is More Powerful •
- Everything is Produced by Karma •
- Result of Past Karma •
- Karma and Its Results •
- Good Karma of Caring For Animals •
- Karma is Definite •
- Think of the Kindness of Sentient Beings •
- The Karma of Harming Others •
- Treat Others Peacefully, Be a Good Example to the World •
- It Is Best to Live in Morality •
- The Power of Dharma Practice •
- Happiness Comes from Cherishing Others •
In this video, Lama Zopa Rinpoche reminds us to practice contentment and to bring happiness to others instead of harming them.
Advice on the study and practice of lamrim, the path to enlightenment.
- Dedicate Oneself to the Lam-rim •
- A Letter to Students at Kopan •
- Reading Lam-rim Books •
- Lam-rim is the Main Thing •
- Focus on Lam-rim •
- Generating Faith •
- Lam-rim Realizations •
- Train in the Graduated Path •
- Practice Advice: Read Lam-rim •
- Practice Gone Dry •
- Benefits of the Lam-rim •
- Direction in Life •
- Advice on Lam-rim Study and Practice •
- Focus on Lamrim Practice •
- Lam-rim the Main Practice •
- Familiarity with the Dharma •
- Train the Mind in Lam-rim •
- Lam-rim Meditation •
- Attainment of Lam-rim Realizations •
- Which Lam-rim Text to Study •
- Stick With the Lam-rim •
- The Suffering of Samsara •
- Meditations on the Graduated Path •
- A Worthwhile Life •
- Renouncing Attachment to a Monk •
- Lamrim and Manjushri Practices •
- The Best Life for Yourself and Others •
A commentary on Lama Tsongkhapa Guru Yoga practice, by Lama Zopa Rinpoche.
Advice and practices to purify negative karma created by previous actions.
- The Karma of Killing •
- Fatal Car Accident •
- Killing One's Parents •
- Purifying Negative Karma •
- Purifying Forefather’s Karma of Killing •
- Purifying the Karma of Harming Others •
- The Real Responsibility •
- Purifying the Karma of Disrespecting a Friend •
- Purifying the Karma of Harming Mother •
Lama Zopa Rinpoche discusses the perfect human rebirth in this teaching excerpt from the 36th Kopan Course. Rinpoche advises us not to waste this precious opportunity, as we have this human body for just a short time.