In this video extract, Lama Zopa Rinpoche advises students to make the retreat most beneficial by striving to subdue the mind.
Practice advice and instructions for students doing various types of retreat, including preliminaries, lamrim and deity practice.
- Retreat Place •
- Destroying Delusion •
- Advice for Seven-Month Retreat •
- Six-Month Retreat •
- Advice for Group of Retreatants •
- Doing Retreat •
- Thanks for Vajrasattva Group Retreat •
- Intent on Retreat •
- Fire Pujas •
- Lama Tsongkhapa Guru Yoga Retreat •
- Vajrayogini Retreat •
- Vajrasattva Retreat for All Sentient Beings •
- Migtsema Retreat •
- Mahamudra Retreat •
- Building a Retreat House •
- Where to Do Retreat •
- How to Do Lama Chöpa in Retreat •
- Retreat and Meditation Most Beneficial •
- Retreat for Rest of Life •
- Retreat Practices •
- Daily Schedule for Retreat •
- Continue With Loose Retreat •
- It’s Important to Practice Now •
- Retreat or Service •
- The Real Retreat •
- Retreat While Walking or Travelling •
- Retreat or Study •
- Vajrasattva Retreat and Lamrim for Health Obstacles •
- Guru Devotion Is the Most Important Thing •
Advice on how to correctly visualize certain deities during one's meditation practice.
- Vision of Buddhas •
- Improving Visualizations •
- Namgyalma Long-life Meditation •
An interview with the directors and staff of O Sel Ling Retreat Centre about the benefits of the retreat center.
Extracts from a series of teachings given prior to a chöd initiation
Part Two of a series of teachings which are the basis for the book Ultimate Healing.
Part One of a series of teachings which form the basis for the book Ultimate Healing
An edited version of the earliest known recording of Lama Yeshe in the Archive, which was delivered to a group of Western students in January of 1972
The earliest known recording of Lama Yeshe in the Archive, which was delivered to a group of Western students in January of 1972
In this article written for Kung-Fu Magazine, Nicholas Ribush gives an overview of Buddhism and the importance of meditation on the path to enlightenment.
An introduction to the practice of meditation, given by Lama Zopa Rinpoche in Indiana, USA.
A teaching on the development of single-pointed concentration (samadhi).
A commentary on Chapter 8—the chapter titled "Meditation"—of Shantideva's Bodhicaryavatara (A Guide to the Bodhisattva's Way of Life)
Equanimity meditation, with techniques for overcoming anger and developing patience.
The audio recording and transcript for Chapter Two of "Ego, Attachment & Liberation."