Lama Zopa Rinpoche explains the suffering of the lower realms of samsara (cyclic existence) in this teaching excerpted from the Fourth Kopan Meditation Course in 1973.
Lama Zopa Rinpoche explains how freedom from the eight worldly concerns creates real peace, in this teaching excerpt from the Fourth Kopan Meditation Course.
Advice on tantric practices, including the generation and completion stages of Highest Yoga Tantra.
- Completion Stage Practices •
- Request for Initiation •
- Visualizing the Guru as Deity During Initiation •
- Deity Practice •
- Generating as a Deity •
- Self-Initiation and Mahamudra Meditation •
- Highest Yoga Tantra Practice •
- Personal Deity for Tantric Practice •
- Five Buddha Types •
- Request to Practice Six Yogas of Naropa •
- Highest Yoga Tantra Practice •
- How to Achieve Enlightenment Quickly •
- Six-Session Guru Yoga •
Advice on how to correctly meditate on emptiness (shunyata).
- The Merely Imputed I •
- Meditation on Emptiness •
- Meditations for Inner Peace •
- How to Realize Emptiness •
- Getting Depressed by Emptiness •
- Response to Questions on Emptiness •
- More Talks on this Topic: Emptiness •
- The Merely Labeled I •
- The Real I Cannot Be Found •
- The Object to Be Refuted •
- Emptiness Meditation While Walking •
Advice and thanks given to students who have offered service and support for Dharma centers and projects in various roles.
- Retreat Advice and Thanks for Many Years of Service •
- Thanks for Making Dharma Books Available •
- Thanks for Offering Service •
- Study and Service for Sentient Beings •
- Helping a Nun •
- Years of Service •
- Thanks to Benefactor •
- Thanking Benefactors •
- To a Benefactor •
- Merit Box Donations •
- Offering Service For Many Years •
- Thanks for Support •
- Service at Retreat Center •
- Long-term Retreat •
- Help the Center Continuously •
- Continue Helping the Center •
- The Benefits of Serving a Dharma Center •
- Benefits of Karma Yoga •
- You Are Needed at the Center •
Advice on how to follow the Buddhist path and how to bring benefit and happiness to others through Dharma practice.
- Practice Advice for a New Student •
- Study and Practice Advice for a New Student •
- The Ultimate Goal •
- Advice to a New Student •
- Beneficial Practices for a New Student •
- New Student Practice Advice •
- The Mahayana Path •
- Tong-len and Tsa-tsa Practice •
- Practicing with Effort •
- Lam-rim and Deity Practice Advice •
- Following the Buddhist Path •
- Think of the Happiness of Others •
- A Simple Daily Practice for a New Student •
- Use Your Life to Benefit Others •
- Lamrim Study and Meditation is Most Important •
- Reciting Mantras •
- The Main Purpose of Your Life •
- First Time at a Kopan Course •
- Beneficial Practices •
Lama Zopa Rinpoche: On Dharma Celebrations
In these teachings, Lama Zopa Rinpoche advises how to make pilgrimage to Bodhgaya and other Buddhist sacred sites most meaningful.
Advice on how to correctly visualize certain deities during one's meditation practice.
- Vision of Buddhas •
- Improving Visualizations •
- Namgyalma Long-life Meditation •
This collection presents Lama Zopa Rinpoche’s introductions to five of the souvenir booklets produced for Dharma Celebrations held at Tushita Mahayana Meditation Centre, Delhi, India.
Comprehensive lamrim outlines from the text Liberation in the Palm of Your Hand, by Pabongka Rinpoche. These outlines were produced by Piero Sirianni and are freely available for download as PDF files.
Lama Thubten Yeshe: The Importance of Bodhicitta
This teaching about the importance of bodhicitta, the mind of enlightenment, was given by Lama Yeshe when he was bestowing bodhisattva vows at Chenrezig Institute, Australia, in 1979.
Advice on practices which may help remove obstacles for those who are unemployed and having difficulties finding work.
- Looking for Work •
- Success in Finding a Job •
- Obstacles to Finding Work •
- Can’t Find a Job •
- Practices for Successful Jobseeking •
- Arya Sanghata Sutra for Success in Finding Work •
Advice about the importance of the Dharma center, which brings benefit to so many sentient beings.
- Tenth Anniversary Message •
- Thirtieth Birthday Message •
- The Importance of the Dharma Center •
- Benefits of FPMT Projects •
- Benefits of the FPMT •
- Dharma Centers •
- The Dharma Center is an Emergency Rescue Operation •
- Benefits of Dharma Centers and Temples •
- Benefits of Working at a Dharma Center •