Volume 3 in this ebook series of collected teachings by Lama Yeshe features three discourses given at the Sixteenth Kopan Meditation Course in 1983. In these teachings Lama discusses many aspects of the path to enlightenment and gives practical advice for both new and old students.
Lama Thubten Yeshe: Bodhicitta is the Real Essential
Advice on how to deal with pain by experiencing it for all sentient beings.
- Creating the Karma to Stop Pain •
- Compassion and Tong-len •
- Severe Arthritis •
- Mantra Eliminating the Harsh Pain of the Three Grounds •
- Pain After Car Accident •
- Tong-len for Pain in Jaw •
- Rejoicing in Pain •
- Pinched Nerve •
- Taking on Others’ Pain •
- Severe Illness •
- Experience the Pain for Others •
- Experience the Pain for All Sentient Beings •
- Severe Pain •
- How to Make Your Pain Useful for Numberless Beings •
Advice and practices to purify negative karma created by previous actions.
- The Karma of Killing •
- Fatal Car Accident •
- Killing One's Parents •
- Purifying Negative Karma •
- Purifying Forefather’s Karma of Killing •
- Purifying the Karma of Harming Others •
- The Real Responsibility •
- Purifying the Karma of Disrespecting a Friend •
- Purifying the Karma of Harming Mother •
Practice advice and instructions for students doing various types of retreat, including preliminaries, lamrim and deity practice.
- Retreat Place •
- Destroying Delusion •
- Advice for Seven-Month Retreat •
- Six-Month Retreat •
- Advice for Group of Retreatants •
- Doing Retreat •
- Thanks for Vajrasattva Group Retreat •
- Intent on Retreat •
- Fire Pujas •
- Lama Tsongkhapa Guru Yoga Retreat •
- Vajrayogini Retreat •
- Vajrasattva Retreat for All Sentient Beings •
- Migtsema Retreat •
- Mahamudra Retreat •
- Building a Retreat House •
- Where to Do Retreat •
- How to Do Lama Chöpa in Retreat •
- Retreat and Meditation Most Beneficial •
- Retreat for Rest of Life •
- Retreat Practices •
- Daily Schedule for Retreat •
- Continue With Loose Retreat •
- It’s Important to Practice Now •
- Retreat or Service •
- The Real Retreat •
- Retreat While Walking or Travelling •
- Retreat or Study •
- Vajrasattva Retreat and Lamrim for Health Obstacles •
- Guru Devotion Is the Most Important Thing •
This text by the great Indian pandit Nagarjuna is famous for its descriptions of the bodhisattva's path of compassion and for its clear, concise analysis of the Buddha's teachings on emptiness.
Lama Zopa Rinpoche discusses the perfect human rebirth in this teaching excerpt from the 36th Kopan Course. Rinpoche advises us not to waste this precious opportunity, as we have this human body for just a short time.
Rinpoche discusses compassion, the good heart, in this teaching excerpt from the 36th Kopan Course.
Rinpoche discusses the benefits of Medicine Buddha practice in this teaching excerpt from the 36th Kopan Meditation Course.
Lama Zopa Rinpoche explains why there is an urgent need for refuge in Buddha, Dharma and Sangha in this teaching excerpt from the 36th Kopan Meditation Course.
Lama Zopa Rinpoche: Dissatisfaction is the Result of Desire
Lamrim teachings by Lama Zopa Rinpoche at the 36th Kopan Meditation Course, Nepal, in 2003.
In this collection of advice for those practicing in prison, Rinpoche explains how to use the situation in prison to develop the mind.
- Meditation in Prisons •
- Prison is an Opportunity to Practice •
- Son Passed Away •
- Using Time in Prison to Practice Dharma •
- Chenrezig Practice in Prison •
- How to Achieve Real Happiness •
Khadro-la wrote this message to explain the purpose of a series of ritual practices she initiated in order to pacify and extinguish the COVID-19 pandemic.