A praise to the Buddha, composed by Lama Tsongkhapa after he realized emptiness. Translated by Geshe Thupten Jinpa.
Lama Zopa Rinpoche: You Are the Most Lucky Person
A praise to Tara, composed by Khadro-la (Rangjung Neljorma Khadro Namsel Drönme) at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Rinpoche teaches on a broad range of lamrim topics in this series. We have now posted Lecture Eight, which includes teachings on the purpose of our life, the twelve links of dependent origination and more.
Advice on the Mahayana practice of transforming our attitude from cherishing oneself to cherishing others who are most precious and kind.
- Experiencing Problems for Others •
- The Kindness of All Sentient Beings •
- My Feet Belong to Sentient Beings •
- How to Respond to Dishonesty •
- Offering Service to Others, Who Are Most Precious and Kind •
Advice for prisoners on how to use the situation to develop their mind on the path to enlightenment.
- Being in Prison •
- Preliminaries and Other Practices in Prison •
- A Nun in Jail •
- The Prison is Your Retreat House •
- Letter to Martha Stewart •
- Making Life in Prison Meaningful •
- Request for Practices from Prison •
- Request for Guru •
- Prison Is the Best Opportunity •
- How Fortunate You Are! •
Advice for people who are contemplating suicide. Rinpoche explains how to use depression on the path to enlightenment, by changing our focus from self to others.
- Suicidal Thoughts, Depression, PTSD and Self-harm •
- Tired and Thinking About Death •
- Thoughts of Suicide •
- Wanting to Commit Suicide •
- Contemplating Suicide •
- Think About the Continuation of Life •
- Thoughts of Death •
- Numberless Buddhas and Bodhisattvas Cherish Us •
- You Are a Beautiful Human Being •
- Helping People With Suicidal Thoughts •
- Depression and Suicidal Thoughts •
Advice and practices for students experiencing problems due to a business downturn and related financial crisis.
- Business in Financial Crisis •
- Business Losing Money •
- Business Losing Money •
- Trusting Advice Given by a Lama •
- Failure in Business •
- Business Downturn •
- Falling on Hard Times •
- Failing at Business •
- Turning Around Business Failure •
- Financial Difficulties •
- Dzambhala Practice for Increasing Wealth •
- Incense Puja for Business Success •
- Kindness and Generosity Will Bring Success •
The Wheel of Sharp Weapons by Dharmarakshita, a ninth-century Indian scholar, combines teachings on lojong (mind training) with the lamrim, especially karma. This text is now freely available for download as a PDF file.
Lama Thubten Yeshe: The Bodhisattva Vows
Advice on how to make the best use of our life, which is very short.
- The Cause of Death •
- Life is Short •
- How to Use an Hourglass for Dharma Practice •
- Impermanence and Death Don't Wait •
- Death Meditation •
- Death Comes Suddenly •
- Remember Impermanence and Death •
- Death Can Happen Suddenly •
- Grief After Baby’s Death •
- Know That Death Can Happen at Any Time •
- Overcoming Fear of Death •
- You Will Meet Him Again in a Different Form •
Advice on teaching children the values of loving kindness and compassion so that their lives become meaningful.
- Dedication for Alice Project •
- Starting a Buddhist School in India •
- The Best Education for Children •
- Advice to Schoolchildren in Bodhgaya •
- Teaching Buddhist Principles at School •
- Universal Education •
- Using Education to Benefit Others •
- Dharma Education for Young Children •
- The Most Important Education •
- Teaching Dharma to a Child •
- Dharma Books for School Children •
- Opening the Wisdom Eye •
Advice on the qualities of His Holiness the Dalai Lama, who is a living Compassion Buddha with perfect wisdom and compassion for every sentient being.
- The Supreme Qualities of His Holiness the Dalai Lama •
- Message to a Center Hosting His Holiness the Dalai Lama •
- Pleasing His Holiness the Dalai Lama •
- His Holiness the Dalai Lama Benefits Sentient Beings Limitlessly •
- Living Buddha •
- All-Night Tara Praises for His Holiness the Dalai Lama •
- His Holiness is the Supreme Leader •
Advice for students planning to build at the Dharma center.
- Completion of a Stupa •
- Renovations at the Center •
- Building a New Gompa After a Fire •
- Thank You and Rejoice! •
- A New Center Building •
- Pujas Before Felling Trees •
- Construction of a New Building •
- The Four Harmonious Brothers •
Advice and practices for infectious diseases, including coronovirus COVID-19, Ebola and HIV/AIDS.
- Lyme Disease •
- Mantra For Ebola •
- Request to Build Naga King Statue in Africa •
- Ebola Virus •
- NDM-1 Superbug •
- Tuberculosis •
- Ross River Fever •
- Fatigue and Lyme Disease •
- Ebola Outbreak •
- Bird Flu •
- Practices for Ebola •
- Practices for Coronavirus (COVID-19) •
- Essential Practices for Protection from Coronavirus COVID-19 •