Lama Zopa Rinpoche explains how Dharma provides us with a method to achieve happiness and avoid suffering in this excerpt from a two-week lamrim course held in California in 1977.
The ten benefits of reciting or even seeing, touching or remembering the Lotus Pinnacle of Amoghapasha mantra, translated by Lama Zopa Rinpoche.
Lama Zopa Rinpoche has recommended this prayer for protection and healing from the coronavirus COVID-19.
Lama Yeshe discusses the meaning of "buddha" and how to become completely open and free from ignorance, in this excerpt from a public talk on the four noble truths.
In this teaching Lama Yeshe discusses the fundamentals of karma, the actions of body, speech and mind.
Lama Thubten Yeshe: Dharma in Daily Life
In this question-and-answer session Lama Yeshe discusses the essence of Buddhism and other religions, and advises students how to integrate Dharma when they return to the West.
Lama Zopa Rinpoche explains the suffering of the lower realms of samsara (cyclic existence) in this teaching excerpted from the Fourth Kopan Meditation Course in 1973.
Advice and practices for infectious diseases, including coronovirus COVID-19, Ebola and HIV/AIDS.
- Lyme Disease •
- Mantra For Ebola •
- Request to Build Naga King Statue in Africa •
- Ebola Virus •
- NDM-1 Superbug •
- Tuberculosis •
- Ross River Fever •
- Fatigue and Lyme Disease •
- Ebola Outbreak •
- Bird Flu •
- Practices for Ebola •
- Practices for Coronavirus (COVID-19) •
- Essential Practices for Protection from Coronavirus COVID-19 •
Lama Zopa Rinpoche explains how freedom from the eight worldly concerns creates real peace, in this teaching excerpt from the Fourth Kopan Meditation Course.
Advice on tantric practices, including the generation and completion stages of Highest Yoga Tantra.
- Completion Stage Practices •
- Request for Initiation •
- Visualizing the Guru as Deity During Initiation •
- Deity Practice •
- Generating as a Deity •
- Self-Initiation and Mahamudra Meditation •
- Highest Yoga Tantra Practice •
- Personal Deity for Tantric Practice •
- Five Buddha Types •
- Request to Practice Six Yogas of Naropa •
- Highest Yoga Tantra Practice •
- How to Achieve Enlightenment Quickly •
- Six-Session Guru Yoga •
Advice on how to correctly meditate on emptiness (shunyata).
- The Merely Imputed I •
- Meditation on Emptiness •
- Meditations for Inner Peace •
- How to Realize Emptiness •
- Getting Depressed by Emptiness •
- Response to Questions on Emptiness •
- More Talks on this Topic: Emptiness •
- The Merely Labeled I •
- The Real I Cannot Be Found •
- The Object to Be Refuted •
Advice and thanks given to students who have offered service and support for Dharma centers and projects in various roles.
- Retreat Advice and Thanks for Many Years of Service •
- Thanks for Making Dharma Books Available •
- Thanks for Offering Service •
- Study and Service for Sentient Beings •
- Helping a Nun •
- Years of Service •
- Thanks to Benefactor •
- Thanking Benefactors •
- To a Benefactor •
- Merit Box Donations •
- Offering Service For Many Years •
- Thanks for Support •
- Service at Retreat Center •
- Long-term Retreat •
- Help the Center Continuously •
- Continue Helping the Center •
- The Benefits of Serving a Dharma Center •
- Benefits of Karma Yoga •
- You Are Needed at the Center •
Advice on how to follow the Buddhist path and how to bring benefit and happiness to others through Dharma practice.
- Practice Advice for a New Student •
- Study and Practice Advice for a New Student •
- The Ultimate Goal •
- Advice to a New Student •
- Beneficial Practices for a New Student •
- New Student Practice Advice •
- The Mahayana Path •
- Tong-len and Tsa-tsa Practice •
- Practicing with Effort •
- Lam-rim and Deity Practice Advice •
- Following the Buddhist Path •
- Think of the Happiness of Others •
- A Simple Daily Practice for a New Student •
- Use Your Life to Benefit Others •
- Lamrim Study and Meditation is Most Important •
- Reciting Mantras •
- The Main Purpose of Your Life •
- First Time at a Kopan Course •
- Beneficial Practices •