In this teaching Lama Yeshe discusses the fundamentals of karma, the actions of body, speech and mind.
Advice on karma, including how to create good karma and avoid nonvirtue.
- Accepting Karma •
- Many Obstacles Due to Karma •
- Karma of a Group is More Powerful •
- Everything is Produced by Karma •
- Result of Past Karma •
- Karma and Its Results •
- Good Karma of Caring For Animals •
- Karma is Definite •
- Think of the Kindness of Sentient Beings •
- The Karma of Harming Others •
- Treat Others Peacefully, Be a Good Example to the World •
- It Is Best to Live in Morality •
An introductory teaching on karma given by Lama Yeshe, who explains that every action—positive or negative, good or bad—produces an appropriate result.
In this excerpt from Kopan Course No. 27 in 1994, Rinpoche explains that if the cause is not created, the result cannot be experienced.
A strong understanding of karma gives energy to the mind and increases the fear of creating negative karma
A teaching on karma, the law of cause and effect, and emptiness, the ultimate nature of reality.
When we practice thought training, experiencing problems becomes a cause for finishing the results of negative karma
To eliminate suffering and obtain happiness, the most important thing is to have a good heart
Teachings on karma, excerpted from a lam-rim course led by Kyabje Lama Zopa Rinpoche at Maitreya Instituut, Emst, in August 1990.
The karmic results of nonvirtuous actions are experienced in this life or in future lives, unless we purify the negative karma.
Excerpt from an edited compilation of Rinpoche's teachings on the subject of karma.
- Habituated in Nonvirtue •
- Sexual Misconduct •
- Profiting from Selling Alcohol •
- The Karma of Killing •
- Fatal Car Accident •
- Killing One's Parents •
- Purifying Negative Karma •
- Purifying Forefather’s Karma of Killing •
- Purifying the Karma of Harming Others •
- The Real Responsibility •
- Purifying the Karma of Disrespecting a Friend •