In this video, Lama Zopa Rinpoche explains how to show respect to Dharma texts, including digital devices containing Dharma.
Advice on pilgrimage to the holy places including Bodhgaya, Rajgir and Nalanda, and practices which can be done at the sacred sites.
- Pilgrimage to Bodhgaya, Rajgir and Nalanda •
- Advice and Practices for Pilgrimage •
- More Talks on this Topic: Pilgrimage •
- Why Bodhgaya Is So Important •
- A Piece of the Pure Land •
- Swayambunath Mountain •
- Tso Pema, the Holy Lake of Padmasambhava •
- Amitayus Meditation at Maratika •
- Pilgrimage to Holy Places in Kathmandu •
- Pilgrimage to Bhutan •
In this video, Lama Zopa Rinpoche explains the benefits of offering to holy objects. Even a small offering to the Buddha creates the cause for ultimate happiness, due to the power of the object.
Advice on the amazing benefits of building a stupa and circumambulating a stupa, as well as instructions on how to fill a stupa and make it beautiful and inspiring.
- Building Stupas to Benefit Sick Dogs •
- How to Make the Stupa Beautiful and Inspiring •
- Circumambulation of Boudhanath Stupa •
- Liberating Animals and Circumambulating Stupas With Them •
- Filling a New Stupa •
- Building a Stupa to Liberate Sentient Beings •
- Benefits of Stupas •
- You Are Fortunate to Build Stupas •
- The Stupa Will Benefit Numberless Beings •
- The Power of the Holy Object •
- A Powerful Place of Healing •
- A Billion, Zillion Thanks for Circumambulations •
- How to Use a Stupa to Bring You to Enlightenment •
- Dedication for Tree Offered to Stupa •
- The Story of Swayambhunath Stupa •
Advice on the power of relics, from which we receive blessings that bring us closer to enlightenment.
- Blessings from the Relics on Tour •
- Relic Tour Brings World Peace •
- Benefits of Relics •
- Benefits of Holy Relics •
- Thanks For Hosting Relics •
- Why Relics Glow •
- Heruka Relic from Mount Kailash •
In these teachings, Lama Zopa Rinpoche advises how to make pilgrimage to Bodhgaya and other Buddhist sacred sites most meaningful.
Lama Zopa Rinpoche gave this practice advice while he was circumambulating and reciting texts at the Mahabodhi Stupa, Bodhgaya.
Lama Zopa Rinpoche explains the benefits of practicing in Bodhgaya and advises specific practices to be done while on pilgrimage.
Verses from a sutra found in the Kangyur on the benefits of circumambulating stupas, translated by Lama Zopa Rinpoche. The teaching includes a commentary on the verses.
Advice on how to care for and respect statues of the Buddha. Rinpoche advises that holy objects such as statues contribute to world peace and help us create believable merit just by seeing them.
- Climbing on a Statue •
- Hosting the Jade Buddha •
- Painting the Buddha’s Eyes •
- Benefactor Building a Statue •
- Benefits of Building a Statue of Padmasambhava •
- Tara Statue With Head Looking Down •
- Auspicious Welcome for Amitabha Buddha Statue •
- Care of Chenrezig Statue in Garsha, India •
- Your Gift to Sentient Beings •
- Buddha Statue on the Ground •
- Your Prayers Have Power •
Advice on making offerings to the Three Rare Sublime Ones.
- Verses to Inspire Offerings •
- Offering to the Sangha •
- Water Bowls Practice •
- How to Generate Merit by Offering Music, such as Bell, Gong or Conch Shell •
- Making Offerings to the Pretas •
- Offerings to the Guru-Buddha •
- Offering Incense •
- Benefits of Offering Gold to Buddha Statues •
- Take Care of the Flowers •
- Water Bowl Offerings •
- Flower Offering Card •
- How to Dedicate a Money Offering •
- Water Bowl Offerings as a Group Practice •
- The Benefits of Supporting the Center and Sangha •
- How to Think When Offering to Sangha •
Lama Zopa Rinpoche suggested these prayers and practices for a student who was going to Bodhgaya, Rajgir and Nalanda in India.
Lama Zopa Rinpoche discusses the direct and indirect benefits for all sentient beings that will result of the construction of a large Maitreya statue.
A translation and short commentary on the meaning of the eight auspicious signs and how they can be used for success.
Advice on a simple method for practicing circumambulation with body, speech and mind