A commentary on Lama Tsongkhapa Guru Yoga practice, by Lama Zopa Rinpoche.
Advice on how to purify negative karma in relation to the guru, given to students confessing mistakes.
- Regretting Anger Toward Rinpoche •
- Confession of Anger •
- Confessing Mistakes •
- Confessing Negative Thoughts •
- Heavy Karma of Criticizing the Guru •
- Mitukpa Mantra and Being Vegetarian •
- Not Following the Guru’s Advice •
- Degeneration of Guru Devotion •
- Impatient and Upset at the Teachings •
Advice on how to practice guru devotion, including seeing the guru as Buddha, offering service and pleasing the guru.
- Fortunate to Receive Advice from the Guru •
- The Guru Brings You to Enlightenment •
- Pleasing the Guru •
- Offering Thanks to the Guru •
- Initiation From Another Lama •
- Guru Yoga Merit Field •
- Guru Devotion in the Four Tibetan Traditions •
- How to Find a Teacher •
- Dharma Connection With Other Gurus •
- Having Many Gurus •
- Request to be Guru •
- Request to be Guru and Life Practices •
- Not Possible for the Teacher to Give Up •
- Attachment to the Guru •
- Image of a Teacher on Altar •
- How to Follow the Guru Correctly •
This multimedia series is based on teachings by Lama Zopa Rinpoche at the Light of the Path retreat in 2009. The format includes transcripts, audio, video and images.
An experienced teacher guides us on the path to liberation or inner freedom, and enlightenment.
A teaching on guru devotion given during an oral transmission of Calling the Guru from Afar, a prayer composed by Pabongka Rinpoche
A short teaching on Lama Chöpa (Guru Puja), an essential guru yoga practice
A teaching about guru devotion to mark the occasion of Ösel Hita's fifth birthday
A verse-by-verse commentary on the prayer Calling the Guru from Afar
These teachings include oral transmission of Lama Tsongkhapa Guru Yoga and the Three Principal Aspects of the Path
A teaching on the purpose of life, compassion and guru devotion
The spiritual teacher must have correct understanding of the graduated path to enlightenment
To receive enlightenment, we must rely on the guidance of a perfect teacher
Teachings on guru devotion given during an oral transmission of Pabongka Rinpoche's Calling the Guru from Afar.
In this book, Lama Zopa Rinpoche explains how to train the mind in guru devotion, the root of the path to enlightenment.