a) I received your last emails and did a lot of checking to see what can be done now. I want to reiterate that this is not an easy situation, as I said in the beginning. Here are some more things to be done that can help. How much help they can do to resolve the situation, I cannot say for sure, but these things will help:
- It’s very good if you can have a holy object that you can circumambulate with Emily. I am sure the monk you know or someone at the Dharma center can help to set up a holy object that you can circumambulate. Try to do this regularly with the baby. This can be a table piled high with stupa tsa-tsas, other tsa-tsas, photos, and texts, as many holy objects as you can.
- You and your friend can do purification with Lama Tsongkhapa: Visualize Lama Tsongkhapa with the three deities (Chenrezig at the crown, Manjrushri at the throat, and Vajrapani at the heart of Lama Tsongkhapa), then visualize Lama Tsongkhapa on Emily’s crown. Then recite the mig-me mantra as many times as you can, and visualize three colored lights come from the three deities at the three places of Lama Tsongkhapa and go into Emily’s body, speech, and mind, purifying the four things (sickness, negative karma, sprit harm, and obscurations). Do this practice strongly, at least once each day with her.
- Also, do strong purification practice with her with Vajrasattva. Visualize Vajrasattva above her crown. As you recite the mantra, nectar flows from Vajrasattva into her, and use the four remedies. If you are not familiar with this, the monk you know can help you.
- Emily needs to wear Hayagriva protection. You may be able to get this from the Dharma center. If not we can send one to you, so let me know.
- Ask a monk or lama who has done a lot of recitations of the “Mig-me” mantra, maybe one of the geshes at the Dharma center, to recite the “Mig-me” mantra and bless water for Emily to sip several times a day.
- If you can, get the Nechung oracle’s grains, and have Emily wear them around her neck in a tiny container (or pouch). If you cannot get them, my assistant can send them to you.
- Kopan monastery should do Palden Lhamo Kangsar for her. You can e-mail them to organize it.
b) Now there needs to be a very major puja performed at your house, called Wrathful Fire Puja. This is quite a difficult thing to organize. I am now checking whether the puja has to be done at your house or whether it can be done in India. I will call you tomorrow to let you know. We will also tell you who the Lama should be to do the puja.
c) This is also what came out beneficial for Emily:
- Wear a Padmasambhava protection—I will send this, I have blessed it.
- Burn some blessed substances that come from one of His Holiness’s retreats.
I will send you these things. I have to make the protections and bless them, so it will take a few days.
d) If you have some time, please try to take her around the Boudha stupa as much as possible, as this purifies a lot of negative karma from the past. There are extraordinary benefits from circumambulating this stupa in particular.
Also, making strong prayers for her can be very, very powerful. Please do these things as best you can, and if there is anything we can do to help, let us know.
e) The first thing that is important for both you and your friend is to just accept the situation in your mind, accept that this is going to be the way she will be. Also, understand there is a reason for her condition and now you have to accept your responsibility to take care of her, but this doesn’t mean that you can’t look for methods to help her. First, it is important to be able to accept her the way she is and that you may not be able to change that, and accept the responsibility that you will take care of her in this condition.
According to my observations, the best thing still seems to be doing the Shabdu, according to what the Nagkpa Lama originally said, so you should try to arrange to do at least 3,000 more of the Shabdu. Regarding the 3,000 Shabdu, we will let you know who comes out best to do them.
Also, I remember that a nun I know said that she has some methods that could help. When I am in contact with her, after her retreat, I will try to find out what she suggests.
Please think about this and we can discuss more.
With much love and prayers...