Teachings by Lama Zopa Rinpoche at the 36th Kopan Meditation Course, Nepal.
Rinpoche teaches on a broad range of lamrim topics in this series. We have now posted Lecture Eight, which includes teachings on the purpose of our life, the twelve links of dependent origination and more.
A teaching by Lama Yeshe on refuge, the five lay precepts, the bodhisattva vows and more. This was one of Lama's last teachings before he passed away.
Lama Zopa Rinpoche explains how Dharma provides us with a method to achieve happiness and avoid suffering in this excerpt from a two-week lamrim course held in California in 1977.
In this teaching Lama Yeshe discusses the fundamentals of karma, the actions of body, speech and mind.
Lama Zopa Rinpoche explains the suffering of the lower realms of samsara (cyclic existence) in this teaching excerpted from the Fourth Kopan Meditation Course in 1973.
Lama Zopa Rinpoche explains how freedom from the eight worldly concerns creates real peace, in this teaching excerpt from the Fourth Kopan Meditation Course.
Comprehensive lamrim outlines from the text Liberation in the Palm of Your Hand, by Pabongka Rinpoche. These outlines were produced by Piero Sirianni and are freely available for download as PDF files.
Volume 2 in our new ebook series includes teachings on a range of lamrim topics and excerpts from Lama's commentary on the deity yoga practice of Manjushri.
In the first volume of our new ebook series, Lama Yeshe discusses the principal aspects of the path to enlightenment and offers general advice on relationships, educating children and a range of other issues.
Advice on how to purify negative karma in relation to the guru, given to students confessing mistakes.
- Regretting Anger Toward Rinpoche •
- Confession of Anger •
- Confessing Mistakes •
- Confessing Negative Thoughts •
- Heavy Karma of Criticizing the Guru •
- Mitukpa Mantra and Being Vegetarian •
- Not Following the Guru’s Advice •
- Degeneration of Guru Devotion •
- Impatient and Upset at the Teachings •
Advice on the importance of Dharma practice and how to actualize the lamrim, the path to enlightenment.
- Doubts About Lam-rim •
- The Quickest Path to Enlightenment •
- Special Qualities of Buddhism •
- Lama Tsongkhapa's Teachings •
- Lam-rim Quotes •
- Lam-rim and Tantra •
- Following the Basic Program •
- Recognize the Nature of Suffering •
- This Perfect Human Rebirth is Most Precious •
- The Quickest Way to Achieve Enlightenment •
- Definition of a Holiday •
- Freedom is in Our Hands •
- The Essence of Lama Tsongkhapa’s Teachings •
Advice on how to practice guru devotion, including seeing the guru as Buddha, offering service and pleasing the guru.
- Fortunate to Receive Advice from the Guru •
- The Guru Brings You to Enlightenment •
- Pleasing the Guru •
- Offering Thanks to the Guru •
- Initiation From Another Lama •
- Guru Yoga Merit Field •
- Guru Devotion in the Four Tibetan Traditions •
- How to Find a Teacher •
- Dharma Connection With Other Gurus •
- Having Many Gurus •
- Request to be Guru •
- Request to be Guru and Life Practices •
- Not Possible for the Teacher to Give Up •
- Attachment to the Guru •
- Image of a Teacher on Altar •
- How to Follow the Guru Correctly •
Advice on karma, including how to create good karma and avoid nonvirtue.
- Accepting Karma •
- Many Obstacles Due to Karma •
- Karma of a Group is More Powerful •
- Everything is Produced by Karma •
- Result of Past Karma •
- Karma and Its Results •
- Good Karma of Caring For Animals •
- Karma is Definite •
- Think of the Kindness of Sentient Beings •
- The Karma of Harming Others •
- Treat Others Peacefully, Be a Good Example to the World •
A transcript of teachings given by Lama Zopa Rinpoche at the 20th Kopan Course. Includes a discourse on the bodhisattva vows by Khen Rinpoche Lama Lhundrup, late abbot of Kopan Monastery.