In this teaching, Lama Zopa Rinpoche advises that the realization of emptiness is the most important goal in our life, so that we can cease suffering and its cause, delusion and karma.
**FORTHCOMING** Our next free book is nearly ready. Click here to read more.
Read two new chapters in this series, Lectures 10 and 11, in which Rinpoche discusses refuge and bodhicitta, and explains Shakyamuni Buddha's holy name and mantra.
A collection of anecdotes about the life of Lama Zopa Rinpoche, and how he works day and night, without stopping, for the benefit of all sentient beings.
Advice on karma, including how to create good karma and avoid nonvirtue.
- Accepting Karma •
- Many Obstacles Due to Karma •
- Karma of a Group is More Powerful •
- Everything is Produced by Karma •
- Result of Past Karma •
- Karma and Its Results •
- Good Karma of Caring For Animals •
- Karma is Definite •
- Think of the Kindness of Sentient Beings •
- The Karma of Harming Others •
- Treat Others Peacefully, Be a Good Example to the World •
- It Is Best to Live in Morality •
- The Power of Dharma Practice •
- Happiness Comes from Cherishing Others •
In this video, Lama Zopa Rinpoche reminds us to practice contentment and to bring happiness to others instead of harming them.
Advice on the study and practice of lamrim, the path to enlightenment.
- Dedicate Oneself to the Lam-rim •
- A Letter to Students at Kopan •
- Reading Lam-rim Books •
- Lam-rim is the Main Thing •
- Focus on Lam-rim •
- Generating Faith •
- Lam-rim Realizations •
- Train in the Graduated Path •
- Practice Advice: Read Lam-rim •
- Practice Gone Dry •
- Benefits of the Lam-rim •
- Direction in Life •
- Advice on Lam-rim Study and Practice •
- Focus on Lamrim Practice •
- Lam-rim the Main Practice •
- Familiarity with the Dharma •
- Train the Mind in Lam-rim •
- Lam-rim Meditation •
- Attainment of Lam-rim Realizations •
- Which Lam-rim Text to Study •
- Stick With the Lam-rim •
- The Suffering of Samsara •
- Meditations on the Graduated Path •
- A Worthwhile Life •
- Renouncing Attachment to a Monk •
A commentary on Lama Tsongkhapa Guru Yoga practice, by Lama Zopa Rinpoche.
Advice and practices to purify negative karma created by previous actions.
- The Karma of Killing •
- Fatal Car Accident •
- Killing One's Parents •
- Purifying Negative Karma •
- Purifying Forefather’s Karma of Killing •
- Purifying the Karma of Harming Others •
- The Real Responsibility •
- Purifying the Karma of Disrespecting a Friend •
- Purifying the Karma of Harming Mother •
Lama Zopa Rinpoche discusses the perfect human rebirth in this teaching excerpt from the 36th Kopan Course. Rinpoche advises us not to waste this precious opportunity, as we have this human body for just a short time.
Lama Zopa Rinpoche explains why there is an urgent need for refuge in Buddha, Dharma and Sangha in this teaching excerpt from the 36th Kopan Meditation Course.
Lamrim teachings by Lama Zopa Rinpoche at the 36th Kopan Meditation Course, Nepal, in 2003.
A teaching by Lama Yeshe on refuge, the five lay precepts, the bodhisattva vows and more. This was one of Lama's last teachings before he passed away.
Lama Zopa Rinpoche explains how Dharma provides us with a method to achieve happiness and avoid suffering in this excerpt from a two-week lamrim course held in California in 1977.