The Wheel of Sharp Weapons by Dharmarakshita, a ninth-century Indian scholar, combines teachings on lojong (mind training) with the lamrim, especially karma. This text is now freely available for download as a PDF file.
In this teaching excerpt, Lama Zopa Rinpoche advises how to experience disease and other problems for all sentient beings.
Advice on how to utilize obstacles on the path to enlightenment by practicing thought transformation.
- A Positive Way of Thinking •
- Thought Transformation •
- Practice Thought Transformation •
- Hardships •
- When Problems Interfere with Practice •
- Taking on Obstacles •
- Dealing With Sadness •
- Dealing with Depression •
- More Talks on this Topic: Transforming Problems •
- Utilizing Obstacles on the Path to Enlightenment •
- Experience Obstacles for All Sentient Beings •
- Remedy for Obstacles, Fear and Worry •
- How to Transform Obstacles •
- Rejoice in the Problems •
- The Experience Purifies Your Negative Karma •
- Experience the Sickness for All Sentient Beings •
- Experience the Difficulties with a Good Heart •
In this teaching, Lama Zopa Rinpoche begins by praising Lama Yeshe's qualities as a hidden meditator with the ability to inspire people from all walks of life. Rinpoche continues with an extensive explanation of how to transform problems into happiness.
A talk on how to transform problems into happiness by defeating the self-cherishing thought and cherishing others. Rinpoche also advises how Dharma practice in everyday life can help us at the time of death.
A public talk on the essential practice of mind training (lo-jong)
A teaching on the purpose of our life and how to develop a positive attitude, as well as advice on searching for the I.
A public talk on how to transform problems into happiness
Techniques for the practice of mind training
The practice of Thousand-arm Chenrezig combined with the Eight Verses of Thought Transformation.
Commentary on the practice of Avalokiteshvara and theEight Verses of Thought Transformation
Lama Zopa Rinpoche explains why we should cherish other sentient beings who harm us
Edited teachings on the merely imputed I, the benefits of altruism and compassion, how to transform problems and the five powers.
Teachings on the merely imputed I, the benefits of altruism and compassion, how to transform problems and the five powers.