An article by Nicholas Ribush about the growth of Tibetan Buddhist publishing in the West.
Rinpoche gave this advice about resolving complaints and dealing with interpersonal conflict at the Dharma center. Rinpoche said the real enemy and the cause of all our problems is the self-cherishing thought.
A collection of anecdotes about the life of Lama Zopa Rinpoche, and how he works day and night, without stopping, for the benefit of all sentient beings.
Read Chapter 7 of Big Love: The Life and Teachings of Lama Yeshe. This chapter describes the lamas' pilgrimage to Lawudo and the beginnings of Kopan Monastery in 1969.
Welcome to our December 2020 e-news: Illuminating the World with Dharma
Lama Zopa Rinpoche discusses the death process and explains the signs which indicate that the consciousness has left the body. Rinpoche draws on his own experiences of seeing the deceased and gives a detailed account of Lama Yeshe's passing and cremation.
Lama Zopa Rinpoche teaches on a broad range of lamrim topics in this series. Read the latest addition to this series, The Eight Mahayana Precepts, in which Rinpoche leads students in the precepts ceremony and gives a commentary on the practice.
In this video, Lama Zopa Rinpoche reminds us to practice contentment and to bring happiness to others instead of harming them.
Order Rinpoche's new book from Liberation Prison Project.
Lama Zopa Rinpoche: What is Bodhicitta?
In this video, Lama Zopa Rinpoche explains the benefits of offering to holy objects. Even a small offering to the Buddha creates the cause for ultimate happiness, due to the power of the object.
In this teaching Lama Zopa Rinpoche advises that rejoicing is a simple way to achieve enlightenment. Rinpoche says rejoicing is a genuine feeling of happiness and joy, appreciating one’s own qualities and those of others.
Advice on how to prepare oneself for death, which can happen at any time. Includes practices for students whose death is imminent.
- Premonition of Death •
- Death Can Happen Anytime •
- Rely on Amitabha •
- Death Can Happen at Any Time •
- Preparing for Death •
- Donating Organs •
- Dream of Death •
- Practices When Close to Death •
- Whether to Tell Family About Life Obstacles •
- Practices to Prepare for Death •
- Making a Will •
- More Talks on this Topic: Preparing for Death •
- Amitabha is Guiding You •
- Confession Before Passing Away •
- Imminent Death •
- Transference of Consciousness at Death Time •
- Rely on Guru Amitabha •
- Vajrayogini Visualization •
- Don’t Be Afraid of Death •
Advice on the study and practice of lamrim, the path to enlightenment.
- Dedicate Oneself to the Lam-rim •
- A Letter to Students at Kopan •
- Reading Lam-rim Books •
- Lam-rim is the Main Thing •
- Focus on Lam-rim •
- Generating Faith •
- Lam-rim Realizations •
- Train in the Graduated Path •
- Practice Advice: Read Lam-rim •
- Practice Gone Dry •
- Benefits of the Lam-rim •
- Direction in Life •
- Advice on Lam-rim Study and Practice •
- Focus on Lamrim Practice •
- Lam-rim the Main Practice •
- Familiarity with the Dharma •
- Train the Mind in Lam-rim •
- Lam-rim Meditation •
- Attainment of Lam-rim Realizations •
- Which Lam-rim Text to Study •
- Stick With the Lam-rim •
- The Suffering of Samsara •
- Meditations on the Graduated Path •
- A Worthwhile Life •
- Renouncing Attachment to a Monk •
Advice on the amazing benefits of building a stupa and circumambulating a stupa, as well as instructions on how to fill a stupa and make it beautiful and inspiring.
- Building Stupas to Benefit Sick Dogs •
- How to Make the Stupa Beautiful and Inspiring •
- Circumambulation of Boudhanath Stupa •
- Liberating Animals and Circumambulating Stupas With Them •
- Filling a New Stupa •
- Building a Stupa to Liberate Sentient Beings •
- Benefits of Stupas •
- You Are Fortunate to Build Stupas •
- The Stupa Will Benefit Numberless Beings •
- The Power of the Holy Object •
- A Powerful Place of Healing •
- A Billion, Zillion Thanks for Circumambulations •
- How to Use a Stupa to Bring You to Enlightenment •
- Dedication for Tree Offered to Stupa •
- The Story of Swayambhunath Stupa •