Lama Yeshe teaches on the death process according to Tibetan Buddhism.
We have new Finnish translations to share with you including Joyful Parents, Successful Children (Onnellisen elämän perusta) by Lama Zopa Rinpoche and a selection of teachings by both Lama Zopa Rinpoche and Lama Yeshe.
Welcome to our May 2019 e-news!
Advice on pilgrimage to holy places including Bodhgaya, Rajgir and Nalanda, and practices to do at the holy sites.
- Pilgrimage to Bodhgaya, Rajgir and Nalanda •
- Advice and Practices for Pilgrimage •
- Practicing in Bodhgaya •
- More Talks on this Topic: Pilgrimage •
- Why Bodhgaya Is So Important •
- A Piece of the Pure Land •
- Swayambunath Mountain •
- Tso Pema, the Holy Lake of Padmasambhava •
Advice on how to care for others at the death time, with essential advice and practices for the moment of death.
- Working With the Dying •
- Close to Death •
- Imminent Death •
- When Someone Is Dying •
- How to Support Someone Who is Dying •
- Helping a Dying Grandmother •
- Helping a Friend Die •
- Dying Father •
- Sickness and Death •
- Dying of Cancer •
- Mantra Recitation for a Dying Person •
- What to do for Dying Mother •
- Whether to Tell Someone She Is Dying •
- More Talks on this Topic: Caring for the Dying •
- How to Help People Who Are Sick and Dying •
- Make Strong Prayers to Medicine Buddha •
Advice on how to care for and respect statues of the Buddha. Rinpoche advises that holy objects such as statues contribute to world peace and help us create believable merit just by seeing them.
- Climbing on a Statue •
- Hosting the Jade Buddha •
- Painting the Buddha’s Eyes •
- Benefactor Building a Statue •
- Benefits of Building a Statue of Padmasambhava •
- Tara Statue With Head Looking Down •
- Auspicious Welcome for Amitabha Buddha Statue •
- Care of Chenrezig Statue in Garsha, India •
- Your Gift to Sentient Beings •
- Buddha Statue on the Ground •
Advice on practices which may be beneficial for a range of illnesses and health problems. Please note: the advice is not intended to replace medical treatment. Always contact your health care professional if you have health concerns.
- A Healthy Diet •
- Aspergers and Anxiety •
- Treatment of Gum Disease •
- Fire in Chest •
- Car Accident •
- Parasites •
- Student Very Sick •
- Autism •
- Very Sick Student •
- Practices for Teeth •
- Screen Fatigue and Exhaustion •
- Immune System Disorder •
- Your Broken Arm Is Another Form of Teaching •
- Bleeding Disorder •
- Type 2 Diabetes •
- Pujas for Chest Pain and Low Energy •
- How Fortunate to Get Diabetes •
- Diabetes, Thyroid and Weight Problems •
Rinpoche asks students to abandon eating meat and become vegetarian. Rinpoche also discusses animal liberation and other ways to benefit animals, and explains our karmic connection with animals.
Lama zopa Rinpoche: Why Be a Vegetarian
Lama Yeshe discusses the four immeasurables and how to develop equanimity, excerpted from A Commentary on the Yoga Method of Divine Wisdom Manjushri.
Advice on how to utilize obstacles on the path to enlightenment.
- A Positive Way of Thinking •
- Thought Transformation •
- Practice Thought Transformation •
- Hardships •
- When Problems Interfere with Practice •
- Taking on Obstacles •
- Dealing With Sadness •
- Dealing with Depression •
- More Talks on this Topic: Transforming Problems •
- Utilizing Obstacles on the Path to Enlightenment •
- Experience Obstacles for All Sentient Beings •
- Remedy for Obstacles, Fear and Worry •
- How to Transform Obstacles •
- Rejoice in the Problems •
- The Experience Purifies Your Negative Karma •
- Experience the Sickness for All Sentient Beings •
Advice on how to practice guru devotion, including seeing the guru as Buddha, offering service and pleasing the guru.
- Fortunate to Receive Advice from the Guru •
- The Guru Brings You to Enlightenment •
- Pleasing the Guru •
- Offering Thanks to the Guru •
- Initiation From Another Lama •
- Guru Yoga Merit Field •
- Guru Devotion in the Four Tibetan Traditions •
- How to Find a Teacher •
- Dharma Connection With Other Gurus •
- Having Many Gurus •
- Request to be Guru •
- Request to be Guru and Life Practices •
- Not Possible for the Teacher to Give Up •
- Attachment to the Guru •
Advice to students about restoring their daily practice after it has lapsed.
- Stopped Practices •
- Stopped Practice •
- The Most Important Practice •
Advice on how to make the best use of our life, which is very short.
- The Cause of Death •
- Life is Short •
- How to Use an Hourglass for Dharma Practice •
- Impermanence and Death Don't Wait •
- Death Meditation •
- Death Comes Suddenly •
- Remember Impermanence and Death •
- Death Can Happen Anytime •
- Grief After Baby’s Death •