The Wish-Fulfilling Golden Sun of the Mahayana Thought Training
From the Preface, written by Lama Zopa Rinpoche:
"This book has not been written because there is some new Dharma that was not shown by Guru Shakyamuni. And because of my limited-experience realizations, in no way I have deserved to write such a book, and there is scant hope that it can benefit others.
"But in view of the remarkable fact that in this time, already beyond the period of the five degenerations and an age in which there is the great danger of atomic explosion, an increasing number of Westerners are finding the Buddhadharma as they seek like blind men opening their eye, and as it is extremely important to make meaningful this once-received Wisdom Eye, which analyses all dharmas, clearly discriminating between what to avoid and what to practise, my depthlessly kind venerable Guru, Thubten Yeshe, has given the Vajra instruction that it is necessary to write a book such as this in English."
This 200 page volume can be read online using the chapter links below. You can also access and download the text in four pdf files (see links on the right). Please note that in order to see the Tibetan characters correctly in the pdf, you will need to download and install the freely-available LTibetan font for the PC, which you can download here. Unzip the file to your Fonts folder in your Windows directory, and reboot.
- The Wish-Fulfilling Golden Sun of the Mahayana Thought Training
- WFGS: Introduction
- Meditation One: Perfect Human Rebirth, Impermanence and Death
- Meditation Two: The Three Lower Realms, Refuge and Karma
- Meditation Three: The Sufferings of Samsara
- Meditation Four: The Mahayana Equilibrium Meditation
- Meditation Five: The Seven Techniques of Mahayana Cause and Effect (Part I)
- Meditation Six: The Seven Techniques of Mahayana Cause and Effect (Part II)
- Meditation Seven: The Seven Techniques of Mahayana Cause and Effect (Part III), the Bodhisattva's Actions
- Meditation Eight: The Perfection of Concentration
- WFGS: Dedication